Saturday, July 23, 2016

The Unconventional Guide about Motivations


What motivates you to go to work? what motivates you to do this? to do that? I encountered this question several times, and i always answered it with "I wanna know more about my capacity, i want to know more about my self" a very generic or cliche answer for a newbie or fresh graduate. I'm not a very proactive person like most people want me to be, i just want to compete with myself and see my growth.

I wonder what makes me keep going to work, i encountered to be left behind, to felt not growing and i failed several times but why i keep on going? I remembered what Nova (My Very First Trainer in GCT) said "Be responsible with your self,  because no one will and no one want it". Yes i encountered to be left behind but i said to myself that it is not yet my opportunity, it is their opportunity. Yes i encountered not growing, i think most people can relate to it, i felt like i was stuck in a certain point and i couldn't go any further but isn't odd to say it because i'm in the beginning or maybe because i envied the people who went ahead of me. Yes i failed several times but i believe mistakes are very valuable because i can't learn anything from being perfect, i humbly accept failing, yes i'm allowed to cried, yes i can scream but i don't want to give up, i silently chose not to gave up, because giving up is like you abandon the people who believed in you. 

Most people see their motivation from other people or from things, like they want to have a house, to get hired and get a stable job, they want to see their selves at certain position, they want that Asus ROG GL552, they dream to have that Mini Cooper, They want to travel and go around the world, they want to give their family a well-off life style, We always seek for extrinsic motivation, tangible, title, things that drive us to take the action, but as we go further we realize that personal achievement should come first, i know i'm too young about this, too early for me but most of the time i heard my colleagues that they only looked forward to the monetary reward of the training, they are motivated by how much they can get but not by how much things they can learn.

Well, the things i mentioned earlier are actually my dreams. Those are the things that most of the time i thought motivated me but turned out to be my frustration. Then i realized that things shouldn't be like that, you can dream and go for it but never lose you self, never lose the opportunity to find out more about yourself because if you lose yourself, your plans and your dreams started to fade as well.

The journey is only about to start. The training is very dynamic, every week we meet new people and say goodbyes to our old friends, it is either they got profiled for a certain account or just decided not to attend anymore. The training, test our behavior like how life test our determination, their will be more because unlike in school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson. Then what motivates me then? i motivate myself because at the end of the day. Yes, people around me can motivate me, i can follow hundred of motivational pages in Facebook, share inspirational tweets or like a photos in Instagram but it depends upon me if i accept their motivation. It depends upon me if i accept their encouragement and at the end it will always be my decision, my own liability, my own responsibility. We want to know what keeps you going Ka-iskolar, kindly drop your comment. Gracias! 

Related Posts

The Unconventional Guide about Motivations
4 / 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.

Let me know what you think! Gracias #IskolarAko