Saturday, July 9, 2016

How I Handle Rejection?


I was crying yesterday morning in the bus going home. I knew when i ended the conversation with the interviewer i didn't get through for the program. Before having the interview, i knew i'm not yet ready for another one but my trainer believed in me - so i have to believed in myself as well. She instructed me not to get nervous because my nervousness is too obvious throughout the conversation. She is one of those people i really like having conversation with, even though i had an opportunity to talk in very short period of time, i'm comfortable. I don't know maybe because she looked someone i knew back in college.

I encountered rejection for multiple times, consecutive and occasionally. High school, College, Work Application, even at Home. For me, rejection is equal with failure because it feels the same, the emotion and frustration that i feel. When i got home, i hugged my mom and said i failed again. I felt ease when she said, it's ok. I knew it wouldn't be easy because i'm a fresh graduate looking for a place to work. I knew how difficult to fit in with the crowd when you know you are not good in fitting in but why do i continue? because life is an endless journey, not a puzzle when a piece is missing you'll stop, life is an endless story that you should write spontaneously.

When you feel rejected, take a deep breath and smile just to remove the heaviness of emotion. Its ok to cry, its ok to feel sad because we are humans but never stop in finding out how to improve ourselves. When i felt rejected, i reviewed the things that i've done then try to avoid not to do it again. I buy something that i really like to try or food that might fill in my stomach (manage your food when stress). I do some sketches and draw something from out of nowhere, scroll down funny videos or photos to ease out those feelings of rejection.

We are lucky to see ourselves learning from those things because not all people were able to do that, yes i cried heavily in the bus like a kid then i have to move on and start over again. I knew i only have one chance left to prove myself in the company, i have to be brave - i'm grateful i started my career with them, people who are compassionate to assist people. You ka-iskolar how do you handle stress? if you have any idea or comment kindly drop it below. Gracias!

Related Posts

How I Handle Rejection?
4 / 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.

Let me know what you think! Gracias #IskolarAko