Saturday, July 30, 2016

How 30 Days Challenge Made Me a Better Person


Maybe this day is the best day to end my 30 Days Challenge, my not so typical Saturday. I had a roller coaster ride on my chair while waiting for the result of my interview. I was over thinking back then about it, i can't hear Mana's instruction (She is one of my trainers in Enhance), I can't focus in the activity, i can't sense and understand the people around me. Maybe i'm too anxious about the result, that was my last chance. And i'm serious to be part of the company, why? Because the company is composed of individuals with passion for people, to help and to give other an opportunity to grow.

In my #30DaysChallenge, I was able to chat with strangers inside the bus, talk about politics, work ethics and everything under the sun. Yeah weird, talking to people who doesn't know you or talking to people that you don't have any idea. I met them by chance but the most interesting part of it before 30 days challenge, i'm not into that because i found socializing very awkward and scary. Talking to strangers are not bad after all.

I tried different Fast food chains and weird food combinations like Shawarma plus Rice, Kikiam with Yakisoba Noodles, Burger Kings Whopper Jr. With Flame Grilled Cheese Burger. Chicken Fillet Italiana of McDonalds, Jollibee's Sweet & Spicy BBQ Burger Steak, KFC's Famous Rice bowl and many more. Maybe for others, its normal but for me buying foods without thinking about the price is new. Well i come to realize that i have to be passionate about not starving myself to death, I learned to appreciate foods like how you appreciate yourself.

I tweet what i did, i gave random quote that suddenly appear inside my head, i practice what i learned from Enhance program through updating my twitter. I become more conscious of what to post and what not. I become more detailed about the grammar (yeah i know, i have to learn more about the rules.) I fell in love more with learning because of Anne. I started to download videos in TED, I started to listen PODcast in TED Radio Hour and i started to review and track the things i learned everyday. I even search proper usage of preposition or review my post before publishing. I learned not to be complacent with my current capacity, i learned not to measure my skills from other people' skills and not to get envied if they went ahead of me. Now, i appreciate my own opportunities and learn how to be better than who i am yesterday.

I bought souvenirs for my brother and share what i earned with my parents, I usually buy doughnut, burger or pizza before going home. Hearing those "Thank you kuya! or Salamat anak!" i feel more accomplished than my thesis, i feel more appreciated than my awards back in college.

Maybe i wasn't able to do things according to my plan, but i didn't expect that the 30 days challenge that i had, improved not only my sociability skills but my views in life. Maybe 30 days is not enough but everyday is a challenge, we have our own trials and obstacle to get through. We met people who have more stories to tell than stories we have. Trying new or something weird is a must, to know more if you are growing. Don't be afraid to try again if you fail because at the end of the day success without failure is plain entitlement. Do all the things you want to do because after your 29,200 days Challenge, all you can do is to remember those memories. Ikaw ka-iskolar have you tried doing 30 Days Challenge? Kindly drop your comment and we want to know your story. Gracias!

Related Posts

How 30 Days Challenge Made Me a Better Person
4 / 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.

Let me know what you think! Gracias #IskolarAko